My Hexatronics project for school (Fall 2011)
We were asked to reproduce the letter we were assigned using any typeface on a 1/4 in thick plywood (cut as a hexagon). I had to reproduce the letter r. I chose the Avant Garde typeface because it’s one of my favourite typefaces. All students would design and create their own hexatronics using the material of their choice. They would then be displayed on a wall. Since everyone designed their own hexatronics, the wall was quite interesting. I used bread and milk ties for mine :)
Took a screen shot of the video showing parts of the hexatronics display at school.
A school project I made about the 1998 ice storm.
We made everything from scratch, from choosing the event, to the binding style, to the design, to writing the text, to creating your own pictures, to choosing the colours, to choosing the paper, etc.
The game my team and I designed was on display at school: Winning 5.
A strategy game.
We had to use over 50% of recycled plastic + at least one or more of the following (10x10 inch max + 1/4 inch thick max: plywood, plexiglass, metal.
So we used plastic Yop caps, a plastic storage tray, a thin plexiglass, a plastic binder cover and plywood. We couldn’t use any glue because we had to design a game by thinking “Design for Disassembly”. We used small nails to hold the plywood together and carved the plywood to insert the plastic shapes into the plywood.
We were only allowed to used up to a fixed size of 1 ply recycled cardboard to create an 18 inch tall stool
A typeface compilation book project we made in my design class. Every student was working on one typeface and their 8 or 12 page spreads. Each one of us had to create the cover jacket and choose the colour of the end paper. We then spent more than an hour book-binding all signatures together.
My Kit Kat book project :D
After 4 attempts - modifying the die 4 times - cutting with the table cutter and gluing the card stock piece together.
The pages are inside the Kit Kat, the top of the Kit Kat is actually the back of the book. When you put the Kit Kat book on its back, you can open the front of the book and see the pages in it. I also used cork to create the waffle layers inside! :)